The Improve Ecosystem Governance to Enhance Blue Swimming Crab (BSC) Stocks and Increase Resilience of Coastal Communities in Western Visayan Sea is a project under the USAID INSPIRE Project managed by Gerry Roxas Foundation. This BSC project aims to improve management and protection of fisheries and coastal and marine habitats to reduce the threats of overfishing and illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing and eventually improve the status of BSC stocks and habitat. Three (3) strategic approaches will be undertaken to achieve this, namely (1) Information Education Communication Campaign, (2) Stakeholder Capacity Building, and (3) Establish Partnership with the Private Sector.
The INSPIRE Project will be implemented in partnership with the following members:
- Center for Empowerment and Resource Development, Inc. (CERD) – assigned in Masbate province
- Philippine Rural Reconstruction Movement (PRRM)- Negros – assigned in Negros Occidental province
- Sentro para sa Ikauunlad ng Katutubong Agham at Teknolohiya (SIKAT) – assigned in Capiz
- Tambuyog Development Center (TDC) – assigned in Northern Cebu province
- Zoological Society of London – Philippines (ZSL-PH) – assigned in Iloilo