The Responsive Policies for Small Scale Fisherfolk towards Sustainable Industry is a project in
partnership with Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS). The project aims to achieve small-scale fisheries policy
development and implementation responsive to the needs of small-scale fisherfolk. The specific
objectives of the project
- Contribute to the improvement of fishery law enforcement through advocacy for the approval of Bantay-Dagat bill.
- Strengthen participation of local stakeholders in national policy development.
- Increase knowledge on small scale fisherfolk on industry standards such as electronic catch documentation and traceability system and vessel monitoring mechanism.
- Develop the Philippine Reform Agenda for Small-Scale Fisherfolk.
- Develop more public servant leaders championing small-scale fisherfolk.
This project is implemented in partnership with Pangingisda Natin Gawing Tama (PaNaGaT), a coalition of fisherfolk organizations, and local and international non-profit, non-government organizations which work on fisheries management and ocean conservation.